Meet our team
We’re a team of skilled Database specialists who can always rely on each other. We support everyone in our small four-person team and trust each other as we bear a great responsibility for Heidelberg Materials’ databases. We’re looking for a new qualified colleague who’s going to deep dive into Microsoft SQL databases and will help us create new services for another database platforms on-prem and in Azure as these are the tasks ahead of us.
What will you do
Our new Database Specialist will be responsible for providing Service Assurance and Service Delivery management over the Microsoft SQL Servers. Supporting incident management to keep SLAs as well as drive projects from the technical point of view toward successful completion is part of our job too. All of this must be in following budget expectations. Service ownership is required in order to proactively seek opportunities for service quality improvement and efficiency.
• Day-by-day support and maintenance of database systems (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
• Incident and change management.
• Proactive service improvement and process automation.
• Cooperation with system engineers and other teams on assigned projects.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
• Experience in MS SQL database system field
• Experience with database backup/restore, replications, performance troubleshooting
• Advanced Knowledge of T-SQL
• Advanced Experience with MS windows servers operating systems.
• High service orientation and proactivity
• Fluent in English
• Fast learning skills, willingness to learn
• Good communication and team player skills
What is beneficial:
• Experience with Azure is a plus
• Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
• Experience with Oracle is a plus
• Experience with PowerShell is a plus
What we offer
• Home Office including hardware and daily compensation
• Career opportunities in IT area
• Extensive trainings (technical and soft skills)
• Employee focus groups & surveys about company topics
• 7,5-hour workday and 5 weeks of vacation
• Company reserved parking (car, motorbike, bike and lockers)
• Leisure time card (sport, education, wellness, health, culture)
• Daily meal contribution
• Mobile phone with company tariff
• Language courses (GER, EN, CZE)
• Relax area and terrace
Our team consists of 4 Service Desk teams delivering support services to Heidelberg Materials Group in 5 European countries. All the teams are multinational with wide range of language knowledge and work background.We take pride in delivering excellent services to our internal customers as well as building long term relationship with them and our business partners across EMEA countries.
Meet our team!Join the 4-member French team at Heidelberg Materials Digital Hub Brno pouring their hearts and souls into the 1st level IT support for all internal clients of one of the world's largest building materials companies. Do not miss on the chance of becoming a valuable part of this big family, seize the job opportunity, show off your skills and start growing into an experienced IT professional. Besides great opportunity to start your career in IT we are offering also joining bonus of 34 000 CZK.
Meet the team We're a team of two senior network specialists looking for two bright, enthusiastic and experienced colleagues. We're the heart of Digital Hub Brno, which provides IT support for Heidelberg Materials - one of the world leaders in the construction industry. One of our main challenge is to get ready for new services build in cloud. Our team is part of bigger chapter with focus on security, firewalls and automation platforms. That means you can expand your skills and experience by trying different areas.
Meet our team Chapter Security Department consists of 7 skilled professionals with various responsibilities. You’ll be cooperating with experts from various IT teams closely. As this position is being opened and new security challenges are waiting for us, an experienced professional with a good sense of humor will be a great fit.